Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thoroughly Modern Millie

During my junior year of high school, I was able to go on a choir trip to New York. While we were there, we went to three Broadway musicals. Of course I had heard of Les Mis (and read the book), but I hadn't heard of the other two: Aida and Thoroughly Modern Millie. It goes without saying that Les Mis was incredible, but the other two were amazing as well and I loved them.

Since then, I've watched the Les Mis movie a bunch of times and I've seen Aida twice -once in San Antonio when a friend was in the cast and once this past year at the Hale Center Theater. Well last night I dragged Jed to my first Thoroughly Modern Millie experience since that New York trip. We watched the BYU production. It was good, but it was no Broadway. I guess you can't really expect that good of a performance from a college production. I'm still glad we went; I like that musical. :)

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Enjoy this time where you can just pick up and go to University events for date night on a random Wednesday or something! :) Sounds like a fun time. Can't wait to see you guys! :)