Friday, July 25, 2008
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
I had been to Hagaars before with my friend Mike and he got a pretty good deal there. So the kind we are probably going to get is 399 with a box spring. It is a Euro Pillowtop if any of you know what that means. Pretty good deal I think.
We finally got our sweet new phones yesterday. Ali got the best phone I've ever seen called an AT&T Tilt. Its a touch screen smart phone that has windows mobile and all kinds of sweet stuff going on. Its kinda bulky but She likes the slide feature and also that you can tilt the screen. Really good for texting as it has the QWERTY keyboard.
My phone is ok, its a Sony Ericsson Walkman 580i. Its cool cause it plays music and has cool lights but my smart phone I had before (the BlackJack) was alot better. It just feels like with this Sony, its just a regular phone with not that many perks. I was thinking about selling it on ebay (They go for about 200) but I figured I would need a phone when my BJ dies out.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Monday, July 21, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Such is life - We're broke as a joke, but yet we're buying a new bed. It's the only thing not furnished in the apartment, but it's a good thing, because I can sleep in my 'married bed' knowing that I'm the first one to do so. Yeah, that's peace right there.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
This is my friend from Whitney, from Ohio.
This is when I went out to visit my sister Laurel in California and we went on The Price is Right. You can see us on TV!
This is when I met up with my best friend, Katy Hoke Hartung, in Salt Lake over Christmas, and I met her husband.
This is me with my sister Emily and her husband Adam on the Fourth of July in Kansas.
This is my nephew Nate (Emily's oldest of two boys) "going to the beach".
This was Halloween in Ohio; Dad, Mom, me, and Jeff.
I had to add a picture of my really good friend, Amelia Lunt Savage. Sorry Meals, this one's from freshman year because I don't have any recent ones on my snapfish account... I'll work on that.
This is my sister Laurel and her little boy Eli at the beach in California.
This is my sister Angela and her boyfriend in California.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Friday, July 11, 2008
(Haves in Blue, Have Nots in Red)
Sorry the blue and green are kind of hard to read, but it took forever for me to change the colors and I'm not changing them again....
1. Touched an iceberg
2. Slept under the stars
3. Been a part of a hockey fight (but I've seen plenty)
4. Changed a baby's diaper
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Swam with wild dolphins I wish!
8. Climbed a mountain I do live in Utah...
9. Held a tarantula
10. Said "I love you" and meant it EVERY day of my life!
11. Bungee jumped I used to want to...not so much anymore. I like my neck the way it is. :/
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea I used to watch them out of my huge window in Texas
14. Stayed up all night long and watched the sun rise
15. Seen the Northern Lights
16. Gone to a huge sports game Spurs, Indians, Jazz, BYU, Missions, Bees :)
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the Statue of Liberty But I have been there
18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables Jed and I tried... :(
19. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope Where did that sweet one go, Dad?
20. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment Like any normal girl...
21. Had a pillow fight Once again, like any normal girl...
22. Bet on a winning horse
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill I was a teenager once. Sometimes you need a break from retail...
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb Thanks Terrys!
26. Gone skinny dipping Heehee ;)
27. Taken an ice cold bath Who does that?
28. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar Interesting, yes. Meaningful, no.
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Ridden a roller coaster Hello! Fiesta Texas! My summer home away from home.
31. Hit a home run
32. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking Crazy Dancing, Karl!!
33. Adopted an accent for fun Haha Jed...Zack! Blah.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors Not out of the country
35. Felt very happy about your life, even for just a moment All the time. How sad if not.
36. Loved your job 90% of the time
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied When I was single... :(
38. Watched wild whales
39. Gone rock climbing I LOVE rock climbing!!! OMG SO FUN!! :D
40. Gone on a midnight walk on the beach Not on a beach
41. Gone sky diving I really want to
42. Visited Ireland
43. Ever bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant Girls don't do that
44. Visited India
45. Bench-pressed your own weight
46. Milked a cow
47. Alphabetized your personal files Of course!
48. Ever worn a superhero costume
49. Sung karaoke
50. Lounged around in bed all day Oh, it's been done!
51. Gone scuba diving
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Done something you should regret, but don't ;D
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business Best dang lemonade stand on the golf course!
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Been in a movie It was called "Drill Team Divas" ;)
60. Gone without food for 3 days
61. Made cookies from scratch At least once every two weeks-scratch is the only way to go!
62. Won first prize in a costume contest Thanks for reminding me Meals!
63. Got flowers for no reason Jed is a very thoughtful man
64. Been in a combat zone
65. Spoken more than one language fluently
66. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone Attempting to defend myself...
67. Bounced a check No, I have overdraft protection :)
68. Read - and understood - your credit report Is that hard?
69. Recently bought and played with a favorite childhood toy
70. Found out something significant that your ancestors did
71. Called or written your Congress person Yeah, I had to for a YW project. Lame.
72. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over Say hello to Ohio.
73. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge Driven it lots before
74. Helped an animal give birth
75. Been fired or laid off from a job
76. Won money
77. Broken a bone
78. Ridden a motorcycle I've ridden on a scoot scoot. The driver has to have a motorcycle license
79. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100 mph :D
80. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon But I've been there
81. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing
82. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
83. Eaten sushi I did. It's yucky.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read The Bible cover to cover
86. Changed some one's mind about something you care deeply about
87. Gotten someone fired for their actions
88. Gone back to school Going back in the fall!
89. Changed your name I wrote "Ali Anne" on all of my school papers in early elementary school, even though I don't have a middle name
90. Caught a fly in the air with your bare hands
91. Eaten fried green tomatoes
92. Read The Iliad
93. Taught yourself an art from scratch I taught myself how to read before I went to Kindergarten
94. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
95. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt More like started talking to them after years of being astranged (Love you Kim!)
96. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
97. Been elected to public office I was elected Secretary of the FCCLA in high school
98. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
99. Had to put someone you love into hospice care Not me personally, but my Nana was in a home
100. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you
101. Had a booth at a street fair
102. Dyed your hair
103. Been a DJ In the car... :)
104. Rocked a baby to sleep
105. Ever dropped a cat from a high place to see if it really lands on all four I'd rather just run it over-no guessing if it will "land on its feet"
106. Raked your carpet
107. Brought out the best in people
108. Brought out the worst in people
109. Worn a mood ring
110. Ridden a horse
111. Carved an animal from a piece of wood or bar of soap
112. Cooked a dish where four people asked for the recipe
113. Buried a child
114. Gone to a Broadway (or equivalent to your country) play Try three - Aida, Thoroughly Modern Millie, and Les Mis
115. Been inside the pyramids
116. Shot a basketball into a basket
117. Danced at a disco
118. Played in a band
119. Shot a bird
120. Gone to an arboretum
121. Tutored someone
122. Ridden a train Not a "real" one from city to city or anything...
123. Brought an old fad back into style
124. Eaten caviar It was actually really good
125. Let a salesman talk you into something you didn't need
126. Ridden a giraffe or elephant
127. Published a book
128. Pieced a quilt
129. Lived in an historic place
130. Acted in a play or performed on a stage
131. Asked for a raise
132. Made a hole-in-one
133. Gone deep sea fishing
134. Gone roller skating
135. Run a marathon
136. Learned to surf Body surfed. That's fun
137. Invented something
138. Flown first class
139. Spent the night in a 5-star luxury suite
140. Flown in a helicopter Three-man airplane count?
141. Visited Africa
142. Sang a solo
143. Gone spelunking Is this the same as repelling? Repelling is a blast!
144. Learned how to take a compliment Yes, but Jed would tell you no...
145. Written a love-story
146. Seen Michelangelo's David
147. Had your portrait painted Caricatures welcome.
148. Written a fan letter
149. Spent the night in something haunted
150. Owned a St. Bernard or Great Dane
151. Ran away What kid hasn't "run away" down the street?
152. Learned to juggle
153. Been a boss
154. Sat on a jury
155. Lied about your weight
156. Gone on a diet
157. Found an arrowhead or a gold nugget
158. Written a poem
159. Carried your lunch in a lunchbox I *was* a kid once...
160. Gotten food poisoning
161. Gone on a service, humanitarian or religious mission
162. Hiked the Grand Canyon
163. Sat on a park bench and fed the ducks
164. Gone to the opera
165. Gotten a letter from someone famous
166. Worn knickers
167. Ridden in a limousine
168. Attended the Olympics
169. Can hula or waltz
170. Read a half dozen Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys books
171. Been stuck in an elevator I would have a panic attack- I'm claustrophobic!
172. Had a revelatory dream
173. Thought you might crash in an airplane
174. Had a song dedicated to you on the radio or at a concert By the artist!
175. Saved someone's life
176. Eaten raw whale
177. Know how to tat, smock or do needlepoint I can knit
178. Laughed till your side hurt
179. Straddled the equator
180. Taken a photograph of something other than people that is worth framing
181. Gone to a Shakespeare Festival
182. Sent a message in a bottle
183. Spent the night in a hostel
184. Been a cashier
185. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
186. Joined a union
187. Donated blood or plasma Every chance I get
188. Built a campfire
189. Kept a blog TADA!
190. Had hives
191. Worn custom made shoes or boots
192. Made a PowerPoint presentation
193. Taken a Hunter's Safety Course
194. Served at a soup kitchen I've served soup in a kitchen...
195. Conquered the Rubik's cube
196. Know CPR
197. Ridden in or owned a convertible
198. Found a long lost friend Yay Facebook!
199. Helped solve a mystery
200. Commented on someone's blog
This is not a good picture by any means, but at work, my picture resources are limited... :(
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Three weekends. Less than a month. 21 days. It's crunch time. I should be freaking out, right?
I think I'm just not letting it sink in that my wedding day is so close. I've just kind of let things run their course during the engagement, not getting too hung up on any one thing, and it's worked out well. Everything is running smoothly, almost everything is taken care of, and I'm pretty sure I'm ready. If I think about it too hard, I might let my mind wander and give myself an anxiety attack...
My mom will be here in 10 days, which is such a relief! There are so many things I need help with and, more importantly, so many things I need a mom for. My mom gives me a sense of calm in the storm, a rock to cling to. She knows what she's doing, and I find comfort in her presence. I wish she could have been here for the whole process, but you deal with what you're given. I'm just glad she's able to come out early and be here as long as she can. Sometimes a girl just needs her mom. :)
On a side-note, does anyone know where I can get a good bed and/or mattress that's not too crazy expensive?
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
My roommate is a licensed beautician and did a great job on my hair. She cut it while it was dry which I thought was cool, and then she styled it. I did my own nails and make-up. Yes, I have to buy eye shadow and colored lipstick. It was all new and crazy, but I loved it and I did a really good job on my make-up, at least in my opinion. :)
I was stressing big because my friend Amanda had forgotten about the shoot and picked up a shift as a lifeguard, getting off at the time we were supposed to be leaving for Salt Lake. My dress takes about 20-30 minutes to get into. Yeah. So I texted my friend Kim to see what she was doing and when she told me she was free and wanted to go with me to the shoot, I ran over to her house. She got me in my dress, made me look gorgeous, helped me get in the car without dirtying the dress on the car or seat (wrap yourself in a sheet before you get in the car-works wonders-the sheet was filthy by the end of the day), and drove me to Salt Lake. We were SO late leaving, but Kim drives like I do and we were there in no time! ;) We did almost get in a wreck on the highway because the lane next to us all of the sudden came to a dead stop and people were *slamming* on their brakes, and some smart guys decided that to avoid hitting the person in front of them they should swerve into our lane and sideswipe us. Yeah, geneouses! ;)
Anyways, so we made it to Gateway (our meeting spot) about 30 minutes late, but it turned out alright because Jessica got to go shopping while she waited. :) Amanda came a little later and saved me by bringing me my earrings! Thanks Meana!! We went to a ton of different locations, and we shot for about three hours! It was AWESOME to be the center of attention for so long, with three girls helping me look as gorgeous as possible. Apparently something was looked over at the alteration appointment because I was falling out of my dress left and right. Kim was, once again, a life-saver and a TROOPER! She bent over backwards (almost literally) for me- helping me keep my dress clean, holding things in place for me, touching up little details that weren't quite right, etc. She even squatted behind me and held my dress back so that it was tighter on the chest and Cleveland was tucked away... Thank you Thank you goes out to Kim!!
I am uber excited to see the final product(s)!! I only got to see one shot the entire time, so I have no idea what they will look like. I'm sure they will be fantastic though. :D
Thursday, July 3, 2008
So this is our new blog. It will mostly be me, Ali, who posts and manages this portal into our lives. Thanks for being interested in us. :D
This blog is kind of a lie for the next four weeks. I am not a Goodell yet. Oh well. I have eternity to be a Goodell... I will enjoy my funky, hard-to-pronounce last name while I can. :)
Date-July 31, 2008
Place-Salt Lake Temple
Date-August 1, 2008
Place-University of Utah Alumni House
Colors: Light Blue & Dark Brown
Emily Busath Murdock
Laurel Busath Lakey
Katy Hoke Hartung
Kimberly Roberts Keay
Amanda Bratt Nielsen
Amelia Lunt Savage