Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Snow, Snow, Go Away.

I should have gotten the hint when I got in my car yesterday and it was 9*. You know it's going to be a bad day when it starts in the single digits. The drive to work wasn't bad. Working wasn't bad. What was bad was when it started snowing at around 1:30 in the afternoon and it was still coming down hard at 5:15, when I left work. My normal 20 minute commute took a little over an hour.

Jed and I have to park on the street at home and this morning I got stuck in my spot. The twenty minutes I usually allow to get to work was all spent trying to get my car out; ten minutes by myself and ten minutes with this really sweet guy who stopped to help me get out. Insane. I was so touched that he helped me that I cried. After I got out, it still took me 45 more minutes to get to work. There's been no let-up since 1:30 yesterday and it's still coming down...

3 comments:

Laurel said...

oh man, that's rough. of course, i'm sitting here in 65 degree weather, thinking that you guys should just move out here and do correspondence school or something. that would at least solve your weather problem, bwahaha. :)

Jen, Jenny, Jennifer said...

Wow, that is a lot of snow! In Virginia we haven't gotten anything! Did the schools get out?

calvin and chelsey said...

tell me about it! it took me an hour and a half to get home! it is beautiful tho...