Monday, January 5, 2009

Doxey Dinner

We had my cousins, David and Sarah (Doxey), and their friend Ryan over this weekend for Sunday dinner. It did not turn out as great as I would have hoped (the food, not the company). But, you live and learn. The Doxey family has been in Mexico, where my uncle has been a mission president for our church, for the past two and a half years. Sarah has been at school out here, so we've seen her a bit, but I hadn't seen David since they had moved to Mexico and Jed had never met him. He is so tall and grown-up! It was good to get a chance to catch up with him. He just moved out here to go to school and he's living with Ryan in the dorms I used to live in. David met Ryan in Mexico because his dad was a mission president of another mission down there.

After dinner, we played The Office Trivia Game. Then came the fun part: fixing Sarah's flat tire in the freezing cold. I brought out all of our gloves and beanies, and gave David a down jacket that was too small for Jed (Merry Christmas, David!). We all stood out there watching the boys change the tire. Thank goodness Jed and I had the right equipment, and that this happened by our house, because Sarah didn't have any tools or a jack or anything.

We are so glad that David and Sarah live close and that we can see them often. ...And Ryan seems like a cool guy. :)

No comments: