Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Laurel!!

Today is my sister's birthday! She's an April Fool's Baby! [I remember one time giving her a box of Ex-Lax for her birthday when I was younger. How hilarious and original... :\ ]

She was so cute when she was little, even when she was a green alien (inside joke - nothing to do with this picture).
Laurel has a really pretty smile that's contagious.

She lives in California and I'm so jealous that she's close enough to the beach to make a day trip out of it. Jed and I visit her more than anyone else, for that reason. (Just kidding) We LOVE visiting Laurel and her family.

She has a great husband who treats her like the princess she deserves to be. He and she work wonderfully together and we're so glad that they found each other.

Laurel is always there when you need her. She's always got an ear and will stop and talk to you, even if things are going crazy for her at the moment.

Laurel is one of the most kind and gentle people I've ever met. She has a very soft spot for those in pain or who have difficult circumstances. She is always looking out for other people and that's something I admire about her.

Laurel has two beautiful little boys. Eli and West are adorable and she is an amazing mom to them both. Watching her interact with her kids gives me a good model for how I want to be when I'm a mom.

Last, but certainly not least, Laurel is an incredible scrapbooker. She even has a job in the field and teaches classes on the subject. I'm so impressed with her talents.


Happy Birthday, Laurel! I love you so much and I'm eternally grateful that you're my sister! I hope you have a great day!! :)

3 comments:

Jen, Jenny, Jennifer said...

Those scrapbook pages are AMAZING! Were they created on a computer? If so, PLEASE let me know what software she used. I am in the process of looking for something I like.

Laurel said...

No fair, you're not supposed to make me CRY on my birthday! ;)

Awww, I love you too, sis. You and me and the trampoline, it doesn't get any better. I'm so happy to have you for my sister and friend, and I love you to pieces.

And thanks for not getting me Ex-Lax again this year, I appreciate it. ;)

Laurel said...

PS: I use Adobe Photoshop CS3 to create my digital scrapbooking pages, but you can also use Photoshop Elements, which basically does the same thing without more of the advanced features. I work at www.ScrapGirls.com -- you should tell all of your friends to check it out! :) LOL.