(For the Resurrection Cookies recipe, go to my food blog)
2 Tbsp yeast
2 tsp sugar
1 cup warm water
3 cups warm water
1 cup oil
2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
10 cups white flour
1 bag large marshmallows
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup cinnamon-sugar mixture
1. Preheat oven to 390*.
2. Combine yeast mixture ingredients and let rise while you combine water, oil, eggs, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the yeast mixture to ingredients in mixing bowl and then add flour and mix together until no longer sticky. You will probably need to add more flour as you adjust the texture.
4. Knead until smooth and elastic. (Approx. 8-10 minutes) Let rise in a greased bowl until doubled.
5. To form buns, cut off egg size pieces from the dough. Pop a large marshmallow into the center of each dough piece and pinch securely around the marshmallow.
6. Roll on the the table to smooth the ball of dough into a nice bun shape around the marshmallow.
7. Dip top of ball into melted butter and roll in a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon.
8. Place on greased baking sheet and let rise for 90 minutes.
9. Bake for 16-18 minutes.
Makes 40-50 buns.