Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Memoirs

Friday- On Friday night, we had our home teacher and his wife and the Nielsens over for dinner and Wii games. It was really fun to just hang out at home and have some people over. We don't do that enough because our house is so small. I wish we did it more often.

Oh - before our little get-together, Justin came by the house to show us his freakin sweet new motorcycle! It's a 2007 Honda 919 - his dream bike!! It's really, really nice. I have a fear of motorcycles, so I doubt I'll ever ride it, but we'll see. ;)

Saturday- I got woken up to Jed telling me goodbye because he was going to play frizz (frisbee) at the park with his friends. Well I wanted to go so I could talk to the wives, so I got up real quick and got ready and we left. We were only there for three hours (surprise, surprise) and I got burned on my face and arm - yep, arm. I only got burned on one side of my body because the sun was on my right the whole time. I look like Two-Face. But that's better than being burned all over. (We found out some possibly great news about some friends of ours. I'll let you know if it turns out to be the good kind of news.)

We went home and bummed around a little bit before we decided to go shopping. We got a bunch of stuff at Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond for FREE! I love wedding gift cards!
Then Justin came over while his wife and sister went shopping. I got to crochet and the boys got to play video games - win/win.
When the girls were done shopping, we met up with them for some ice cream and then we went and soaked in the hot tub at Gold's. A great end to a fun day.

Sunday- I stayed at home, in bed, while Jed was at church. We had the lesson in nursery this week and he had to do it all by himself. What a trooper! I guess I'll have to do it all by myself next week... Joy.

We went up to my aunt's house for my cousin's 12th birthday party. It was good to see the family. I don't think we've seen most of them since Thanksgiving. All is well. For those of you in the fam, Mary and Steve are choosing not to know what their baby will be. Grams went to the ultrasound, but she couldn't tell what it was.

Today- Work, work, work. I was late today (like 25 minutes late) and my boss was having a meeting in a first floor room that has windows facing the parking lot where I park. I pulled right up to the window. Nice.

About 3 hours ago, I started feeling a fever coming on. Then the body aches started. My mom told me to take some Ibuprofen, so I did. I'm feeling a little bit better, but this is my late day and I'm not happy about having to stay here sick. I may or may not come in tomorrow. We'll see what happens. :(

1 comment:

Elise said... sorry you're sick- but it sounds like you had a good weekend.

I bought some stuff to try a few of your receipes! Thanks for sharing!! :)