I'm not the kind of person to do things at the peak of their popularity (unless I really, really like it). I usually wait until it's not so popular anymore and then I explore it to see if I even want to participate. (Case in point: Twilight. I picked up the first book after the movie came out. And I hated it - it was awful. But that's a whole other post...)
So, that being said, here's my list of 25 random things about myself:
1. If I'm eating a food that consists of a bunch of little pieces (like popcorn or M&Ms), I always pick up a few with one hand and then put them in the palm of my other hand before eating them.
2. A few times when I was babysitting my little brother, in order to keep him in bed, I told him that if he got out of bed I would call the police and they would take him away for being a bad boy. Looking back, that was really, really cruel (and probably traumatizing...). Sorry, Tom.
3. I burn at the beginning of the summer and then it turns in to a great tan and I don't burn again.
4. My favorite stuffed animal when I was little was a white bunny. Her name was Queeny because my mom brought her back from England. She disappeared when I was about six and I just assumed she had been thrown away. This year for my birthday, one of my presents was Queeny - my mom had found her in some old boxes after the flood!
5. I don't have a gall bladder.
6. I've been on two cruises. Both Carnival, both hit Cozumel.
7. I got a 32 on my ACT - first time!
8. I "got married" on two different occasions when I was five - Andrew Sousa and Josh Erikson. When "the priest" (my sister, Emily) said "You may now kiss the bride", I dipped both of them and kissed them. I was boy-crazy from the start.
9. I never learned that song about the States when I was in elementary school. Somehow everyone else knew/knows it but me. ("Alabama, Alaska, Arizona...")
10. I have been a BYU student for 5.5 semesters and I have never seen a BYU devotional.
11. I don't do seafood. Period.
12. I've been in the audience for a Last Comic Standing show and I was in the audience for the third Price is Right episode that Drew Carey hosted. I got my homemade T-shirt signed by Drew because I ran up to the stage during a commercial break!! :D
13. I taught myself how to read during the summer before Kindergarten.
14. I've never seen a Star Wars movie.
15. I bite string cheese, I don't peel it like most people.
16. I loved dolphins when I was a kid and for the longest time wanted to be a Marine Biologist. That is until I realized that they didn't just hang out with dolphins all day...
17. My fingers are double-jointed. It works in my favor around Halloween. :)
18. My favorite book is A Tale of Two Cities.
19. In elementary school (3rd grade?) I got sent to the principal's office for flooding the boys' bathroom with two of my guy friends. I don't know if my mom ever found out because they didn't make me call her because I felt so bad about (I was bawling - I always cry when I get in big trouble with authority figures). I don't know if I ever let Mom in on that little secret of mine...did I?
20. I have really high arches. And I hate feet, my own included.
21. Poor grammar and poor spelling are my biggest pet peeves! I lose a little bit of respect for people who repeatedly use poor English. (PS~ If I ever do this in my blog, please leave me a comment so I can correct it. I was more than likely typing faster than my brain could keep up. Or something.)
22. I have to sleep with the bedroom door closed.
23. I don't do other peoples' dishes. Period.
24. I've gotten air in a 4700-pound 1993 Chevy Suburban. Good times. :) (sorry Mom...)
25. Every family Christmas letter when I was younger always had a special section just for me, called "Ali Haps". It was about all of the crazy things I had done throughout the year. Some of those things may or may not have included 1. telling my teacher that one of our family rules was that we didn't drink out of the toilet (we didn't even have a dog then), or 2. getting my finger stuck a few times in this hole on the oven door that acted like a Chinese finger trap and having to call the paramedics to come get me loose, or 3. trying to walk home "like a blind person" from the mailbox down the street and walking face-first into a parked car, or 4. sneaking into my mom's bathroom and burning my hair "for a hair cut". The list goes on and on...