Friday, September 12, 2008

Our Date

Last night Jed and I decided to use the free movie passes (at the nasty dollar theater by Costco) we had on our Starving Student cards before they expire next week. I'm in the kitchen/living room watching TV and tidying up a little bit and Jed goes in the bathroom to finally cut his hair after he's been telling me he will for like two weeks. I go in every so often to tell him how it looks in the back, etc. I realize the movie starts in half an hour, so Jed hurries to finish his hair and jumps in the shower. While he's in the shower, I throw on jean shorts and a hoodie and throw my hair up in a ponytail. He gets out of the shower, goes into our room and puts on nice clothes, sprays himself with my favorite cologne, and does his hair oh-so-handsomely. When I realized that he was getting all dolled-up to go to the cruddy dollar movies I asked him why.
His response: "I'm going on a date with you".

Long story short, I LOVE my husband!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh my goodness, that's the cutest thing I've heard all week! What a good husband you have. :) Lucky girl. :)

Megan said...

Awww, Jed . . . what a cute story. You guys are too great for each other!

Rebecca Busath said...

Oh my gosh, Ali, you have NO idea how lucky you are, not even. Jed is such a prince, he is just so awesome in my book. I would have started crying! I guess you can only see how lucky someone is when they have something that you haven't had or don't have. Luckily for me, Dad has become a prince too, just took him a LONG time. Give back 100% and you'll never be sorry.

Janae and Topher said...

You have the best husband!!! That is so cute!