Monday, July 14, 2008

Tom "The Bomb" Busath



As some of you may know, I have a younger brother named Tom. He turned 19 in June and put in his mission papers a few weeks ago. His mission call came last week, but he was out of town on a business trip, and he wanted to be the one to open it rather than have somebody read it to him over the phone. So it sat, unopened, in my parents' house for almost a week! He got home Saturday, and we got a call that night. Jed and I were out at dinner with Mike & Kim Keay, Justin & Amanda McDaniel, and Amanda's brother when we got the call. Kim knows Tom, so it was fun that she was there when he called.


Jed and I stepped out of the restaurant to hear, but it was still hard because there were about 5 people on the line we were on (Tom conference-called Grams and me, and I conference-called Laurel & Nathan). Sitting on the phone, listening to everyone else on the line talking at once was pandemoneum! Laurel and I were having a side conversation together, which was kind of funny.


To get to the good stuff...

Tom will be serving the Lord for two years, starting in the middle of September.

He has been called to serve in the Boise Idaho mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Those are some great photos. Me likey. :)