Friday, July 18, 2008

Bridal Shower #1 - Friends

Last night was a great night! I was given a bridal shower at my friend Kim's house. My friends Amelia Savage, Kim Keay, Amanda Nielsen, and Amanda McDaniel all co-hosted this shindig and they did an awesome job!
Amelia did this creative idea where she asked Jed a bunch of questions ahead of time and recorded his answers, and then at the shower, she asked me the questions and I was supposed to say what I thought his answer would be. If I got it wrong, I had to put a piece of sugary Hubba Bubba in my mouth. My little stink of a fiance answered some of the questions so that I wouldn't get the right answer (and some I just didn't know the answer to), so I ended up with a whole pack (minus two pieces) of this gag-rific gum in my mouth. It was gross, but the game was super fun!
Kim offered up her house, which actually benefitted her because she got her husband to paint and get some "upgrades" for the house in order to prepare for the shower. Amanda McDaniel made an amazing cake! I'll post a picture once I get one. It was beautiful, and tasted just as good as it looked!
Amanda Nielsen came up with some games, one of which I was blindfolded for. I had to open a suitcase full of clothes and get ready in under a minute. I made it in 1:40, but I did not look good at all... We also played "What if", which is always a fun time. Especially when it's about my wedding/marriage/honeymoon. It was a riot!
I would devulge the presents I got, but... ;)
Thank you to all the girls who were there! And a special thank you to my hostesses for making the night!! It was a blast and I loved every minute of it!

2 comments:

Amelia said...

I am so glad you had fun! I thought it went fabulously- so glad I could help out with it :)

Laurel said...

Awww, I got the invitation and it was so cute! I'm glad you had fun, except now I have to think of a new game for the family shower! Dangit! :)