Monday, October 13, 2008

Some of My Skin is GONE

About three years ago, when I lived with Emily for the summer, I went to the dermatologist because I had a huge mole on the small of my back and I wanted to get it checked out. *Not to mention the fact that I had been tanning a lot in my years AND that my mom's father had melanoma...* So I went in and had that beast of a mole removed. Turns out it was benign. Thank goodness!

Well I'm sad to admit that I've been tanning since then. I know, I will stop now that I'm married and don't have to impress single boys anymore. ;) So I decided that I should probably get that area where the mole had been checked out again because it was looking kind of funny.

I went to the doctor today and he said the mole was growing back. He checked some other moles and decided to cut off the beast that was starting to come back, and another new mole. Two moles - gone. It didn't hurt, but I got light-headed and had to lay down for a while. Phew... I'll know the results in a few days. I'm crossing my fingers.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

love the title, you are too funny. I hope the results turn out good. I was going to say positive, but that would probably would mean the opposite of my intent. So, does this mean you are back in town? if so we need to hang out. It has been way to long since I last saw you.