Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Flunkerton

Yesterday was great! I came home from work to find Jed working on the computer, using our new digital drawing pad you use in place of a mouse!! I have no idea what the technical name for it is, but it's pretty sweet. I had no idea he was getting it, so that was a fun surprise. (This is not the exact model, but you get the idea...) On Saturday, Jed and I decided we needed some foliage in our house, so we went to Home Depot (not a fan - I prefer Lowe's) and each got a plant, a pot, and potting soil. We didn't have any paint, so we got some on Monday night. Last night, after dinner, we decorated our pots (photos will come...always a day late and a dollar short) and potted the plants. So much fun!

Kim was kind enough to come over and show Jed (and me) how to give me the B-12/B-6 shot. It didn't hurt nearly as bad this week. I don't think either of us were confident in Jed's ability to do it before. But Kim, being the great nurse/college graduate that she is, showed us how to properly do it and Jed is confident that he can do it from now on. I'll let you know how it goes next week.

Jed mentioned to me during the day, while I was at work, that he had planned a surprise date for me last night. I had no idea what to expect. We ended up going to campus and playing racquetball!! He had reserved a court for us. Exercise and a date. Who could ask for more? :)
We started playing the 'real' version of racquetball, and I was not feeling it. So we started playing my way (we named it Flunkerton), which basically consists of free-hitting, off any surface, taking turns hitting it, but it can't bounce on the ground more than three times. If it bounces more than three times before you hit it, the other person gets the point. It was super fun! I wish we had taken pictures...

No comments: