Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Monday Memoirs

(I wrote this one Monday, and was waiting to upload pictures from Angela's HC, but we have no way of uploading them here in Ohio.)

We went with my friend Chad and his date, Meg?, to the Hale Center Theater's version of AIDA on Thursday night. I had seen it in San Antonio, and also on Broadway - I love this musical. Their version was a little different than I had seen, a little more "hip"? "groovy"? Anyways, I thought it was pretty well-done and I think all four of us enjoyed it very much.

On Friday night, Jed and I went to see a hypnotist! It was SO much fun!! Neither of us had ever been to a hypnotist show, and we were both a little bit nervous that he might make us come up on stage and make fools of ourselves. Nope, he asked for volunteers and we got to be spectators. :) The show was hilarious! *Too bad you guys couldn't make it, Meals. You would have liked it a lot.*

Saurday morning, bright and early, Jed took me to the airport to fly out to Ohio. I'm going to be here until Sunday. A whole week away from my husband, and we've only been married for two months!! :( It's harder on Jed because he's stuck home alone and still going to school and work, whereas I'm with family and friends, no work, and I get to take time off and do whatever I want. Poor guy. I'm having a great time though. Sorry, hunny.

Saturday night I went over to the Senders' house to help my little sister, Angela, and Haley Sender get ready for homecoming. Then we went over to the Barnes' to take pictures and for their big group of girls to have dinner before the dance. The girls all looked gorgeous and I heard they had a great time. While they were at the dance and Jeff was at the Priesthood session of our Church's General Conference, Joan Sender and I took her son, Zach, out to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. It was good to catch up with her.

Sunday was spent watching General Conference at the Senders' home. We were there all day, and then they had a birthday party for their son, Nathan, who turned 18. During the party Joan and I stayed inside and watched House. I had never really gotten in to it. I still don't think I'll be rushing home to watch it any time soon, but it was entertaining.

Today I got up, took Jeff to school (Angela gets a ride with Nathan Sender after Seminary), came home, and DIDN'T GO BACK TO SLEEP! I totally could have, but I refrained. (Go me!) I worked out and watched some TV, got some homework done. Pretty chill and relaxing - which of course I love! Pepper, our dog, has been keeping me company. I can't wait for the kids to come home so we can play!!

No comments: