Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Memoirs

FRIDAY - We just stayed in and had a movie night: Little Mermaid. And while we were watching it, I remembered that when I was little, I would start singing songs from Little Mermaid in the middle of church and my mom told me that I had to wait until everyone else was singing. So as soon as the congregation started singing, I stood up in our pew and belted out "Part of Your World" at the top of my lungs. (This didn't only happen once...)

SATURDAY - We had to wake up at the butt-crack of dawn (7:45 on a Saturday!) to go help clean our church building. Luckily when we were given our options of what we could clean, I chose trash and it took less than a half hour and we were out. :) We were going to go up to SLC for lunch and a surprise date I had planned for Jed, but it was such a gorgeous day outside and the date would have been inside. And Justin had called to invite Jed to play frisbee, so we stayed down here and tried a new place I'd been wanting to eat at for a while: Tomasso's in Riverwoods. It was so delicious!! Their menu is super simple - paninis, hot dogs, and Italian ice for the most part. We both got paninis and they were the best I've ever had (I'd pick turkey over chicken though...) and I got an Italian ice - yummy!!

A little while later we met up with Nathan, Justin, Amanda, Jaime, Erica, Ben, and Ethan for some frisbee in the park. The girls laid out on the sidelines while the men-folk played for three hours. This is what we do in spring. Amanda got a sweet new camera and took a bunch of pictures that you can see when you click this word right about HERE. :) Even though there aren't any of Jed or me. No worries; you get the idea. The boys definitely worked up an appetite (and a sweat - you should've seen Jed's hat by the time we left. Sick.) so we all went to Pita Pit!! I heart that place with all my love. ;)

Jed was in need of a haircut so he went and got one (after a long shower) while I did some errands. I'm starting on a T-shirt quilt made out of Jed's and my old T-shirts. My mom made me one in the past and I love it, so I'm making another one for us. I went to Joann to get fabric and picked out this great, warm, inexpensive fabric, picked out the perfectest matching thread, and waited my turn at the cutting desk only to find out I'd picked up a bolt of "pieces" about a yard each. No wonder it was so cheap. So I had to go back to where I got it and find another color. All were awful, but they were warm and inexpensive. So I got lime green. I guess it won't be a "keep out on the couch" blanket after all. :\ But I did find an awesome addition to our house! A Kung Fu Panda Chia Pet!! We just killed our plants and this was only $5 on clearance. His name is Po. :D
My less-hairy husband and I went over to Justin and Amanda's house so the boys could play video games while Amanda taught me how to crochet. It really wasn't that hard, after I got the hang of it. I'm excited to start making things!! I think I'll start with this little gem. I can put it right next to Po.

We went to Redbox to get a movie after I had mastered crocheting and got Fireproof. I didn't really know what it was about, but I had remembered hearing really good things about it. It was alright, there were super cheesy parts and it was a Christian movie, but the underlying moral of the movie was really good.


SUNDAY - I had to be at church early to meet with my visiting teachers, and then I had to speak in church. Luckily I only had to introduce our family and bear my testimony, but I was extremely stressed out beforehand! It went really well and Jed's talk was great. I was so glad when it was all over! Remember how we got a new calling last week? Are you ready to find out what it is?? Drum roll please!!


NURSERY!!!

I requesting being in the nursery, so I'm really glad that we got called to be in there. There are about 10-12 kids who come each week and there's another couple in there with us, along with their aunt, who is like 75 years old. Yeah...don't ask because we don't have a clue either... :\

After our home teacher came to visit, I had a quick nap and then we headed up to SLC for dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Busath's house for my uncle's 40th birthday.

No comments: