Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


This year, Jed and I decided to down-play Valentine's Day. I think it's a great idea in theory, but it's just too over-done. I'd rather have our own "Valentine's Day" where we dedicate the day to showing our love for each other on some random day and not have to 'fight the crowds'. Or better yet, make every day a "Valentine's Day".
So instead of listing all the things I love about Jed, I'll just do this couples survey. :)


♥ How long have you been together?
13 months total; 6.5 months married


♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
A week

♥ Who asked who out?
Jed asked me out. Our first date was dinner and bowling with Mike & Kim.

♥ How old are each of you?
22 & 25

♥ Whose siblings do/ did you see the most?
Jed has a brother, Nathan, who lives in town. We used to hang out with Tom quite a bit when he lived here too.

♥ Do you have any children together?
Not yet. They'll be here in about a year or so.

♥ What about pets?
A goldfish and a black/red "rainbow shark".


♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Truth? Financial. :\

♥ Did you go to the same school?
Yup. Still do.

♥ Are you from the same home town?
No, sir. I'm from Paradise (TX) and he's from West Virginia...

♥ Who is the smartest?
It's a tie. I think Jed is brilliant and he thinks I'm a genius. In reality we're both really smart, but I'll stop my bragging there. ;)

♥ Who is the most sensitive?
I honestly think Jed is. I've got a thick [candy] shell and he tends to allow himself to be more vulnerable and sensitive than I do. (Don't tell him I told you, but I've seen him cry during movies [ie Secret Life of Bees - go see it!] and it melts my heart to see him so sensitive - he's got a heart of gold!)

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
We love Pita Pit, but we also go to Little Cs (does that count?), Hickory Kist, and Quiznos.

♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
I'm pretty sure our cruise to Key West/Cozumel was farther than the others - Las Vegas, California, Ohio, Texas, and West Virginia. [Thank you kind stranger who didn't even bother to check if my eyes were open when you took the picture...]


♥ Who has the craziest exes?
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! Ali, hand's down! Oh the stories I could tell.

♥ Who has the worst temper?
Ali :(

♥ Who does the cooking?
Both of us, but mostly Ali does because she loves it. And Jed does the dishes (I unload). [www.goodellgoodies.blogspot.com]

♥ Who is more social?
Ali. Jed is just a little bit more reserved.

♥Who is the neat Freak?
We take turns. Neither of us are "neat freaks", but we let the house go for a while and then we walk in one day and realize how bad it's gotten and we both clean. Or else Jed cleans while I'm running errands and he's stuck at home. He likes to surprise me like that - I love it! :D

♥ Who is the most stubborn?
Ali. Jed has more patience and is much more calm about things. (I think I get that from my mom...)

♥ Who hogs the bed?
Our bed is in a corner and if I'm on the inside, I spread out over the bed, but if I'm on the outside, I hug the edge and hang a leg over the side. It's weird...that's why we switch places every so often. (Oh, did I mention I kick and turn in the night? And even though we each have our own blankets, I steal Jed's sometimes.)

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
Jed. For work during the week and naturally on the weekends. I could sleep in until past noon on the weekends, and I do if he lets me.

♥ Where was your first date?
Dinner at Hickory Kist, bowling at Fat Cats, ice cream at Sonic, and movie/Rock Band at the Keays'.

♥ Who has the bigger family?
Jed. He has 7 siblings and I have a mere 5. (FYI- we are not planning on following in our parents' footsteps. 3-4 kids for us is the plan.)

♥ Do you get flowers often?
I did when we were dating. Jed is super sweet and thoughtful like that. I think he would still get them for me a lot if I hadn't told him that he didn't need to spend money on things that would die all the time. :)

♥ How do you spend the holidays?
It will depend more on where we end up living later, but for right now (what we've done this year):
Birthdays - presents, dinner/party with friends
Valentine's Day - low-key...maybe just going out to lunch together
Easter - who knows?
Fourth of July and Pioneer Day - fireworks in SLC
Thanksgiving - extended family in SLC
Christmas - alternating Jed's family and mine

♥ Who is more jealous?
I don't think either of us are ever very jealous. Sometimes I get jealous of Jed because he has more "free time" during the day to spend as he wishes, while I'm stuck at my office all day. But that's not even a big thing.

♥ How long did it take to get serious?
A month or two. We were engaged within three months... [I found this picture online. Nobody in our family is in love with Vanilla Ice.]


♥ Who eats more?
Jed. He often finishes what I can't.

♥ Who does/ did the laundry?
I do, for the most part. I've recently started making Jed do his own laundry because he often leaves things in his pockets and I don't want my clothes to get ruined. :\

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
Jed! No contest. He does that for a living and he loves working on computers. He knows how to fix any problem I've ever come across, and he can always find incredible deals on electronics.

♥ Who drives when you are together?
I usually drive, especially if it's longer distances. I love driving and sometimes Jed's driving stresses me out. :\


I hope you all have a fabulous Valentine's Day (or Singles Awareness Day, if that's your thing this year) and let the people you love know how you feel about them.

No comments: