Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday Memoirs

I flew out to Cleveland on Thursday because my younger brother was coming home from his mission. I got there about 10 minutes before him and had to run across the airport to his terminal before he landed. I was the first person to see him, the first hug. Nobody knew I was coming except my older sisters, who were really great at keeping the secret from my mom.
I let Tom walk out first and then I waited a few minutes before I walked out. My mom was shocked! It was awesome - best surprise visit ever!

We went camping as a family on Friday night. So fun! We did foil dinners and smores and "Nutella-banana pies". Dad fell asleep early, but the rest of us stayed up pretty late and had a great spiritual discussion.

On Saturday, we hiked through the woods and then went to these really cool rock formations in the middle of nowhere. It was really sweet!
We went to this incredible Italian place for dinner - best place I've been to in a long time!

Mom and Tom spoke at church on Sunday and did a really good job. Tom and I sat in on the investigators Sunday School class; that was ...interesting. Everybody kept going off on tangents and stuff.
We had a great shish-ka-bob lunch and then I read A Tale of Two Cities out in the backyard - the weather was fantastic! Dad left on a business trip, but it was good to see him while I did.
At night, we watched The Three Little Pigs on Faerie Tale Theatre and then we watched What About Bob? too.

No comments: