Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday Memoirs

Friday - Jed didn't have to work(!), so he got to come to the Lehi Pool with his family and me.
We left and went to the airport to greet my aunt, uncle, and cousins (the Doxeys). My uncle has been a Mission President in Mexico for the past three years. It was so good to see them again - and the kids have grown so much!
We followed my grandpa back to his house and visited for a while, and then we went to a homecoming party for the Doxeys.
We met Jed's family at a wedding reception for one of his distant cousins, Tinae, who happens to be an old friend of one of my good friends, Katy. Small world. The reception was fun and she looked beautiful.
Tyler and Nathan came home with us and spent the night. We watched The Messengers, and I still jumped even though I've seen it twice before. :\
Saturday (Fourth of July)- We spent the day at Deer Creek Reservoir with the Vallen family. They rented a boat that came with kneeboards and a tube. It was so much fun!
I put sunscreen on twice and I still got fried! I'm in so much pain even now, two days later. And I can barely move. :(
That evening, we went to Jed's aunt and uncle's house in PG for a BBQ and to watch the fireworks. They live just down the street from the town fireworks, so we got a great view!
Sunday - Theresa (Jed's mom) came for the second hour of nursery and it was so fun to have her there! The kids loved her. I was grateful for some extra help since I was burned and not feeling well. Thanks Theresa!
I made a Black Forest Chocolate Cherry Cake after church and we headed out to Jed's aunt and uncle's house (on the other side of the family) for another family get-together. It was a great night and we had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

That sounds like so much fun! that is nice to have so much family nearby on both sides. Love your new summery background btw :)