Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Catch-Up

I felt like yesterday's post needed a day of its own, so I didn't post this yesterday.
This is what we did with our Thanksgiving break:

On Thursday, we woke up and went shopping. We weren't eating until later, and we didn't have anything else to do. Plus, there was something on sale that day that I had been meaning to get for Jed anyways. And we didn't get up early or anything (surprisingly they still had it and I was able to get it!). Don't hate. Thanksgiving dinner was already explained - look at the post below this one. It was incredible.

Jed went in to work on Friday morning and I went over to the Keays' to let their dog, Rusty out. While I was there, surfing all of their glorious TV stations (we only have basic cable), Anne of Green Gables came on! Talk about memory lane. I only got to watch the first two 'episodes' before Jed got there, but it was good! We went and got Jed's car looked at. His brakes haven't been doing too well and we're trying to eventually sell the thing. Justin, Amanda, and Tommy came over to the Keays' and we played the Wii for a while. We were in the middle of Wii bowling and I realized that Jed and I hadn't been bowling since our first date. So we all picked up and went to the bowling alley. Super spontaneous. Super fun. We went for shakes at Sconecutters afterward. Good times.

On Saturday, I woke up to Mario theme music. Jed was playing MarioKart on the Wii. We bummed around all day, until Jacob Garrison's wedding reception. I was so glad we got to go because my friend Summer was there. I got to talk to her for a while and catch up. It was so good to see her. We had to leave the reception a little bit earlier than I would have liked because I had a surprise date planned for Jed and me. Something neither of us had ever done before. A Murder Mystery! It was...interesting. I kept getting discouraged because I was running in to roadblocks and couldn't think of who to ask and what to ask them. But after Jed and I joined forces, we figured it out and won gift cards!!

Jed rediscovered cinnamon-sugar toast on Sunday. I made my yummy crock pot stroganoff recipe and we salivated over the smell all day. We watched D2 after dinner, and went to bed.

Yesterday we did a temple walk (up and around the big hill) and went grocery shopping. Nothing too exciting to report about. :)

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Sounds like a fun week and end. :) I've always wanted to try one of those murder mystery things. Sounds like fun, but I'm not sure if it really would be. :) But I do love surprise dates, so maybe that would be a good one to do. And it would have to be a surprise or else I don't think Nathan would be all that convinced to go, LOL. :)