Friday, July 30, 2010

Food Bank

I met with the volunteer coordinator at the local food bank yesterday. We went on a tour and I learned about all of the different assignments that I could perform. They don't serve individuals, but they still have a kitchen to make TV dinners from scratch. Not only do they make dinners to distribute, they also have chefs from Le Cordon Bleu come in and teach underprivileged people basic to intermediate cooking skills. They need volunteer "sous chefs" to prep food; that's definitely right up my alley! So that's what I'll be doing on Tuesday/Thursday mornings. I'm so excited!!

2 comments:

alyssa said...

That is really exciting!! Sounds like a lot of fun.

Heather said...

That's awesome Ali! I think you'll feel much better when you're volunteering your time to help others. I think what you're doing is great and like you said, it's right up your alley. However, you'll probably talk Jed's ear off with all the stories you'll come home with!!! I bet he'll love it. :)