Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday Memoirs - Anniversary Edition

Friday - Our new radar detector came in the mail, I highlighted my hair for the first time in years, and Jed got his hair cut after work.
We headed up to Park City for our anniversary, checked in to our condo, and went to dinner. We went to Red Banjo Pizza. It was really good, and not too expensive for Main Street.
We went to the hot tub for about a half hour and it was SO nice!

Saturday - We went to the pool first thing in the morning, during the "adult swim". The pool was heated and very peaceful in the morning. We were the only ones there for most of the time.
We went on the ski lift (apparently also known as the "people mover") up to the Canyons Resort and looked around for a bit. There was a mountain biking race going on, so we sat at the finish line for a minute or two.
While we were at the top, I went in to the bathroom and left Jed on the couch in the lobby of some building. When I came out, I walked over to him and stood in front of him, waiting for him to stand up. I guess I wasn't really paying attention because the guy I was standing in front of was an old man. Jed was nowhere to be seen. So I apologized to him and he just looked at me stone-cold - no expression and he didn't say anything. It was really weird and I know he wasn't deaf or mute. So I went outside and waited for Jed, who apparently went in to the bathroom too.
We went over to the Olympic Park because we had gotten free tickets for the alpine slide and zipline with our condo. As we were walking to the rides, we walked by the practice pool for ski jumps. We sat and watched for a while - I could have been there all day. It was so interesting to watch these guys in swimming suits and life jackets doing flips with snowboards and skis on.
We went on the alpine slide first and I went slow the whole time because the last time I rode one (the day after my wedding) I was racing Jeff and tipped my sled over and got a huge chunk of skin taken out of my arm. So I was a bit nervous.
We upgraded to the higher zipline and I'm so glad we did - it's the steepest one in the world, or so the guy told us. We flew down the mountain! I beat Jed by a landslide. :)
We had dinner at Spencer's Grill for dinner. It was ok, but nothing special. I don't see us going back to that one.
After dinner, we went to the outlet malls for some shopping. I got some new tops and a couple pairs of flip flops, and Jed got some body wash and a belt so that he can wear his belt buckles that he never gets to wear.
We went back to the hot tub that night and watched Friday Night Lights.

Sunday - We woke up to the maid tapping on the door and then starting to open it. Awkward...
We drove around the ritzy areas and looked at some of the houses. A lot of them are big for regular homes, let alone winter houses. I guess that's why a handful of them were up for sale - people can't afford them anymore.
We were waiting for the bus to take us to the Kimball Arts Festival on Main Street, and this lady with a huge dog comes up and asks if we think the driver will let the dog on. And then she talked to us for a while, about weird things - and she was talking to herself. Then she realized that Main Street wasn't far and that she could walk there as fast as the bus takes. Ok lady...
We didn't know the festival cost money, so we were sorely surprised to have to shell out $20 just to look at the booths. :\ Everything was way overpriced, or so we thought. But it was pretty fun. I bought a Park City moose charm at a standing store and then I bought Tom and Jeff something that I thought they would like. My Christmas shopping is done. :)
We went to Burger King for lunch. Classy, yes. Then we drove in to SLC and went to Liberty Park. We hung out there for a few hours, reading and playing on the computer, and people-watching, until it was time to go to my grandparents' house for dinner. Emily and her boys were there, which was fun. Before they left, Jed and I took the boys down to the duck pond to see the ducks. Jed was so good with the boys - he's going to be a great dad.

Monday - I went to the Hogle Zoo with my grandpa, Emily, and her boys today. It was a lot of fun. I think the boys had a good time. We rode the carousel and the train. There was a baby giraffe - 3 days old - it was so cute!

No comments: