Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Foto Fix - California

Last week I pulled off the greatest surprise of my life! I flew in to California to visit my sister for her birthday! She was so surprised - it was awesome!!


I didn't get a ton of pictures, but some of the highlights from the trip were riding the ferry to Balboa Island and walking around, getting a frozen banana (a must), and walking up and down the pier.





We also went to Newport Beach, the famous Sprinkles cupcake store, and had a day at the beach.

Laurel and her sandcastle before the monsters came and destroyed it.
  
Eli loved getting buried!

Yep, that guy was definitely combing the beach with a metal detector and a digger.

Laurel also taught me how to make my own silkscreen(ish) t-shirts. It was so fun, and not even that hard! The first one is one I made for myself and the second one I made for Jed. ;)


And if you can't tell, that's West Virginia, where Jed is from. haha

And of course I got to enjoy some really yummy food while I was there: Cafe Rio, In-N-Out twice, Ancho's, Laurel's home cookin', etc. 

It was a really fun (and too short) vacation and I can't wait until I can go back!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Yay! Thanks for sharing! And I think your T-shirts turned out excellently. So glad you got to come out and play for a while!

Jen, Jenny, Jennifer said...

I take offense at that last t-shirt! I'm from WV and proud of it... we're just like a big happy family.

Wait, aren't Jed's parents step siblings or something?