Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Monday Memoirs - A Day Late

Friday - We headed out for Laurel's house right after work, around 6:30. At 8:30 we blew out a tire. It was totally shredded. For some reason the jack wasn't tall enough, so we called AAA. The AAA guy took almost two hours to show up, but he changed our tire and then suggested that we follow him to his shop in Beaver and get some cheap used tires rather than drive back to Provo to pick up my car, like we were planning on doing. He changed and rotated our tires and we were on the road by 11:00.
We had been "traveling" for 5 hours at this point and still had seven to go. It was a long night, energy drinks included. Jed was such a trooper - he drove the entire way, and even let me take two- one hour naps! We got off at Laurel's exit and realized that we didn't know her gate code. At 5am! Luckily someone pulled in right after us. What they were doing out until 5am is anyone's guess.

Saturday - We all went to brunch at this really good restaurant - my parents were in town over the weekend too! I taught West how to drink out a straw. :)
We all drove down to San Diego and everyone else hung out around town while Jed and I went to WICKED!! It was INCREDIBLE!! I am SO glad we went! I absolutely loved it and can't say enough good things about it.
After dinner at a really yummy Mexican restaurant called Ancho's, we went back to Laurel's house and played Five Crowns. Laurel and I kicked butt. It was a fun night and I'm glad that my parents were able to be there too. It was really nice to see them and get to hang out and play games with them. And of course it's always a good time with the Lakeys - that's why we like to visit them so much! :)

Sunday - My parents left super early to catch their flight, so we didn't really get to say goodbye. After a yummy breakfast of hoot-nannys that Chef Laurel made, we got back on the road again to come home. It was a whirlwind trip to say the least, but it was a blast!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wow, what a long trip!

Doug and I had a tire blow on us late at night in the middle of Nebraska about 4 years ago driving out to Utah. We took everything we owned out of the trunk to get the spare and the tire wouldn't come off the car. We ended up having to flag down someone because we didn't have a cell phone. The road is always a great place for adventures!

I'm glad you guys made it there safely.